[plug] probably very simple perl question

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Mon May 10 20:24:42 WST 2004

Rob Dunne wrote:

|         when I try to install Parse-RecDescent-Deparse it appears
| to be asking for Parse-RecDescent-Deparse. What am I doing wrong?

Installing Parse-RecDescent-Deparse instead of Parse-RecDescent?

|  Warning: prerequisite Parse::RecDescent 0 not found.
                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                        is not the same as
| > tar -xzf Parse-RecDescent-Deparse-1.00.tar.gz

Also, if you're running Debian, there's a pre-packaged version of
this in the libparse-recdescent-perl package.

| More generally -- I am trying to convert a lot of .xls files to comma separated files.
| Does anyong know an easier way?

For just a few files, there's Open Office... if there's lots of them
that'd be clumsy though.  I've no idea how easy it is to script OO to
do batch conversions.

Cameron.