[PLUG] VNC, SSH, and iptables [was: Transfering mozilla mail and newsgroup settings fromlinux to windows]

Brock Woolf ultima160 at iinet.net.au
Mon May 10 22:12:35 WST 2004

Yeah i am not too sure how you would do it from the command line, as i
use Mandrake 10. In MDK go to > Control Center > Security > Firewall.
By clicking Advanced button in the Firewall tab, it will bring up a line
to enter ports. VNC uses TCP port 5900, so you would type 5900/tcp in
that line and it would open up the port.
I use VNC on my file/ASDL server so it is handy to just connect from my
gaming machine..
I hope you use Mandrake as i am not totally sure offhand how to do it in
other distros.

Bye,
      Brock