[plug] [OT] CPU plate cleaning

Craig Foster fostware at westnet.com.au
Mon May 10 22:42:41 WST 2004

Only cos too much alcohol can eat away the anti-glare coating.
Or some malarkey  along those lines....

Any IPA is fine, just don't follow it with that white excretion they call
heat transfer compound.
I use a thin layer of HTC from P-III and Xeon CPUs, and smooth it with a
blade - but then again, I'm anal about proper CPU cooling with machines I
build :)

Craig F.

<snip>