[plug] wiping a hard disk clean

Ben Jensz plug at jensz.id.au
Wed May 12 09:39:05 WST 2004

ahah...  well, not quite THAT hard anyway.  Basically in terms of
someone who isn't into serious professional data recovery really, if
someone was prepared to pay a substantial amount of money to a data
recovery mob to try and get access to our data.... I think they'd find
it cheaper to hire a thug to do a ram raid on the joint and steal some
of the computers with the data on it :P  (not that there is anything
particularly interesting to anyone else amongst our data anyway)

Basically I'm just thinking in terms of when our current computer lease
here at work is up, so the hard disks do have to be functioning when we
return the computers :)

If I had to make sure the data could never be recovered (i.e. destroying
the disks), I'm sure my imagination could come up with something :P

Thanks for the replies :)

/ Ben