[plug] lj2ps compiling problem

Ryan ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Wed May 12 12:19:10 WST 2004

Hi PLUG,

I'm trying to compile this:

http://www-wisconsin.cern.ch/~lishka/progs/lj2ps/lj2ps_intro.html

It gives me the error:

ryan at vaio:~/lj2ps$ make
Makefile:95: warning: overriding commands for target `lj2ps'
Makefile:72: warning: ignoring old commands for target `lj2ps'
cc -O   -c -o errors.o errors.c
cc -O   -c -o lj.o lj.c
cc -O   -c -o lj2ps.o lj2ps.c
cc -O   -c -o ljcmds.o ljcmds.c
cc -O   -c -o ljfonts.o ljfonts.c
cc -O   -c -o scan.o scan.c
cc -O   -c -o trans.o trans.c
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ryan/lj2ps'
Makefile:95: warning: overriding commands for target `lj2ps'
Makefile:72: warning: ignoring old commands for target `lj2ps'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/ryan/lj2ps'
Makefile:95: warning: overriding commands for target `lj2ps'
Makefile:72: warning: ignoring old commands for target `lj2ps'

make keep recursing as long as you leave it and never finishes, it just
increments make[3] make[4] etc with the same error.

Does anyone have any idea what might be doing this?  It is beyond me,
however I realise it is extremely old software.

Alternatively, does anyone know of another way to convert PCL to
Postscript?  I have the need to make an application which will only talk
PCL print to a Postscript only printer.  I was going to use this lj2ps
tool via a CUPS backend to do the conversion.  I have also tried groff
after reading some bits about it on the web and have not had any luck
getting legible PS output from it.

Thanks,

Ryan