[plug] Running Mdk10 on a laptop

Brock Woolf ultima160 at iinet.net.au
Wed May 12 20:43:35 WST 2004

SERIOUSLY do not install Mandrake 10 Community Edition on it.
I used it and have had problems with it corrupting the Master Boot
Record on hard drives and a lot of programs crash, you will have to
restart your machine every 10-30 minutes, especially if you are using
USB drives, anything that touches the sbp2 module (FireWire drives, USB
Drives, an iPod) as it is very unstable in the CE version. It is almost
as if Mandrake wanted to create a Windows version of Linux just for the
Windows users out there. :)
But Mandrake 10 Official is unbelieveable superior to the CE version,
(It's amasing what Mandrake have achieved in a period of 3-4 weeks)
So yeah from experience, just install 10, if you need a copy contact me.
Mandrake 10 Official is a breeze, because with community's crashes you
just never know if it is a program bug or if you did something wrong.
Mandrake 9.1/9.2 are OK, but you willl never turn back after 10. Many
GUI improvements and stability, etc. Hope this helps.

Brock

"Confucious say Man who play in root, eventually kill tree"