[plug] Version 2.0 of Novell Evolution to be integrated with Exchange Connector

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Thu May 13 02:27:53 WST 2004

On Wed, 2004-05-12 at 23:23, Bernd Felsche wrote:

> Just read the download instructions, and I'm SCARED!

Yeah. LTSP uses the same thing. I'm not at all impressed.

> http://www.novell.com/products/evolution/download.html
>
> 	Open a terminal window.
> 	Using the su command, become superuser (root).
> 	Type the following command or cut and paste it into your terminal:
> 	wget -q -O - http://go.ximian.com |sh
>
> You DEFINITELY don't want to do that on a production box.

Though a UML might be an option.

I upgraded Evolution on my RH8 terminal server at work. After looking at
the main instructions, I went hunting mirror sites and soon found a
useful one with an up-to-date /pub/ximian . It's easy to download the
required RPMs and install them yourself, and a lot less scary.

AFAIK 1.4 doesn't contain Connector and 1.5/2.0 needs to be built from
source for most distros right now.

Craig Ringer