[plug] SATA chipset support question

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Thu May 13 16:36:11 WST 2004

Hello,

I'm eagerly preparing to install Linux on a new system with a MSI 845Pe
Max intel chipset motherboard sporting a Promise 20376 chipset that
controls 2 SATA and one Ultra DMA ports.

The drive I'm going to be using is a Western Digital 120gb SATA ~7,000
RPM with 8mb cache.

Anyone know if there is an installer that would support this?

I amt about to start downloading the one from:

http://waixcolo.linuxit.com.au/netboot/

But I have a fuzzy memory of someone saying this one was designed to
work some specific intel chipset but can't find anything saying that
now. So let me know if it should work.

I'm also planning to try out Mandrake 10 Community edition if anyone
knows if this will work.

thanks,

Chris Caston
--
Linux is ready for the desktop like a Boeing F-22 is ready for the
run-way.