[plug] power saving features? sleep etc.

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Thu May 13 16:49:27 WST 2004

Craig Ringer wrote:

> Cardbus SATA?!? Wow. I actually need to get one of those - it'd be
> incredibly handy, as the POST does SATA disk backups.

It's wicked. Dual port, and with those addonics external hotswap bays that double as SATA external
enclosures it works really well.

I have this one.

http://www.addonics.com/products/hub_adapter_converter/cardbus_sata_adapter.asp

Which appears to be an oem version of this one

http://www.vipower.com/product/CardBusPCCard/vp_9701/vp_9701.htm

They both use a SIL3112 SATA chipset, so libata supports them natively. The 2.4 version picks up the
card but won't recognise a disk. The 2.6 version does both but gets a bit flakey with hotswapping
and other torture I inflict upon it while testing. If you just plug the disk in and use it then it
does a good job.
Mine is sitting idle at the moment as I have migrated all my external stuff to firewire.

Regards,
Brad