[plug] Debian init scripts

raven at themaw.net raven at themaw.net
Sat May 15 12:15:29 WST 2004

On Sat, 15 May 2004, James Devenish wrote:

> In message <Pine.LNX.4.58.0405151155070.1575 at donald.themaw.net>
> on Sat, May 15, 2004 at 11:55:52AM +0800, raven at themaw.net wrote:
> > Which package contains the Debian init scripts?
>
> Depends on that "init scripts" you are enquiring about. You might as
> well run this on a case-by-case basis to figure it out:
>
> dpkg -S /path/to/file-of-interest

Nop.

apt get dist-upgrade has broken my install.

It fails to remount root rw and I have upgraded mount and util-linux.
I have tried a couple of kernels without success.
2.6.6-rc3-mm1 boots fine but the sparc64 frame buffer code is broken in 2.6.

The kernel I have was build with kpkg build system. Perhaps that's my
first misctake. However, I have also tried with my Gentoo kernel (works
fine on Gentoo) and get the same problem. That's with devfs=nomount of
course.

Frankly I'd trash the Debian install if the X performance wasn't so much
better than Gentoos'.

Ian