[plug] [OT] Windows update caching

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Sat May 15 18:04:21 WST 2004

G'day all,

Completely OT for a linux list... .buuuuuut..
One of the things I hated about windows update was it was completely resistant to standard web
caching. I have had to update a number of machines, and clean install a couple also and I notice
that all the updates are now nicely cached by my local transparent squid proxy.

Could it be that Microsoft are getting a clue? Or perhaps they have been getting so badly hammered
lately they decided to offload some of the work?

Brad