Misty eyes (wa: Re: [plug] Dead hdd)

Shayne O'Neill shayne at guild.murdoch.edu.au
Sat May 15 21:21:46 WST 2004

I used to have a really cool old pdp11-something
about the size of those old bar radiators. My dad brought it back from
telstra when they updated a sat bandwidth booking  system to a P100 or something
(thats how long it lasted!) . I had some limited success getting it
rehabed (had to get a clock board flown from the us, as this crazy old
thing needed to interface to a 'atomic clock' (because it was for syncing
satelite stuff), but ultimately my girlfriend wanted it out of the house.
Gave it to this old dude I found.

I really like cool old steel like that. Retrospectively I shoulda ditched
the girl and kept the machine. She took off with her boss six months later
anyway (And my dog. the b***h).

I'd still *Love* to rehab an old vax one day. I do love those old vms
beasts.

"Must not Sleep! Must warn others!"
-Aesop.
Shayne O'Neill. Indymedia. Fun.