[plug] Re: UPS monitor HomeBrand?

Shayne O'Neill shayne at guild.murdoch.edu.au
Sun May 16 23:24:33 WST 2004

yeah. I seen the article. The May Holman Centre courts on level 8 have
this amazingly arcane battery room that has a whole room of industrial
batteries and the like to generate 48volts of power (which is then
inverted to 240volts) for the audio visual system, which does not need a
ups because it features no harddrives or the like, and when the power goes
off, so do all the facilities to use the courtrooms...... except the
projectors.

The consultant was this guy , Dr Green, who specified one of the most
ridiculously overengineered setups many in the AV industry ever
encountered. a 48volt power system was just one of the mindboggling specs
in there.

"Must not Sleep! Must warn others!"
-Aesop.
Shayne O'Neill. Indymedia. Fun.