[plug] Dead hdd

Ari Finander outrider at operamail.com
Sun May 16 23:47:00 WST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "N K" <kaerhp at lycos.com>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 14:26:10 +0800
To: plug at plug.linux.org.au
Subject: [plug] Dead hdd

> Howdy...been away from the comp for another matters, sorry for the late reply.
>
> Fujitsu
> Model MPG3204AT -E
> Cylinder 16383
> Head 16
> Sectors 63

That model looks familiar... Fujitsu got supplied a lot of bad chips, and they didn't discover this until their drives started failing at a rather high rate. Swapping in a good circuit board often did the trick. I had a working one of the fujitsu 20gb drives and sold it to someone who needed the circuit board for just this purpose.

Ari