[plug] Dead hdd

Craig Foster fostware at westnet.com.au
Mon May 17 00:01:42 WST 2004

20G Fujitsu?

Let the chip cool down, and then ghost/dd/whatever as much as possible. They
usuaully get you through on UDMA66 - just.
Then take it back to the wholesaler for an exchange... The new ones have a
glazing over the Cirrus Logic chip, and old ones are just plain soldered on
to the board.

That's if you can't get another temporary new Fujitsu off someone already :P

CraigF.