[plug] Dead hdd

N K kaerhp at lycos.com
Mon May 17 09:21:21 WST 2004

Can anyone else help us out..

> Howdy...been away from the comp for another matters, sorry for the late reply.
>
> Fujitsu
> Model MPG3204AT -E
> Cylinder 16383
> Head 16
> Sectors 63

That model looks familiar... Fujitsu got supplied a lot of bad chips, and they didn't discover this until their drives started failing at a rather high rate. Swapping in a good circuit board often did the trick. I had a working one of the fujitsu 20gb drives and sold it to someone who needed the circuit board for just this purpose.

Ari