[plug] VNC help.

Ryan ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Tue May 18 10:03:15 WST 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-18 at 09:53, Senectus - wrote:
> Just for something to do I installed VNC on my home desktop, so I can RDP to
> my home server then VNC to the Linux box behind it (until I remake my server
> with something a little more elegent than a win2k box :-P ).
>
> I installed vnc then ran "vncserver" input the password when asked and that
> was it.. but I can't seem to connect to it from the windows version of VNC..
> Doesn't even ask me for the password it just bounces me back like VNC isn't
> running..
> What do you think I'm missing..?

The write program :)  Others recon getting normal xserver running is
easy, but I never figured it out, and I wanted it to behave like windows
VNC anyway and hijack the current session.

I posted about rfb a while back, including examples of how to use it ... but
there are not searching thingamies of the list now.

look at rfb of x11vnc.  Both will export your 'active' X11 session to a
standard VNC viewer.

Ryan