[plug] VNC help.

Paul Arch paul at sdmgroup.com.au
Tue May 18 09:58:22 WST 2004

> I installed vnc then ran "vncserver" input the password when asked and
that
> was it.. but I can't seem to connect to it from the windows version of
VNC..
> Doesn't even ask me for the password it just bounces me back like VNC
isn't
> running..
> What do you think I'm missing..?

Is vncserver running ? Make sure its actually running on linux box?:
    pidof Xvnc

Do you have any packet filtering on the linux box ?  From memory, Vnc uses
TCP 5900 - maybe its blocked ?

You are right, it will only ask for password when it actually connects to
server.

I am assuming you are testing this by actually running vnc from windows
machine locally ? I wouldnt have a clue about RDP ?

cheers