[plug] all-in-one motherboards

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Tue May 18 11:19:37 WST 2004

On Tuesday 18 May 2004 10:38, Milan Pospisil wrote:
> I am trying to put together a computer on a rather limited budget.
> One of the cost cutting ideas was to use a motherboard with an
> onboard video and sound card.

It's a compromise. Always make sure that you have drivers.

Try http://www.linuxtested.com/

> From experience I know that the one I have got (ASUS P4S33-VM)

I can't seem to find that model number ASUS board. Closest match is
P4S333-VM... is that the one?

Update the BIOS before you try a Linux install.
http://www.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=P4S333-VM&langs=01

If you click on the Download link and navigate to Drivers, then
you'll find that there's a Linux display driver.

Some of the drivers for audio may be lacking unless you support in
the Linux dostro.

> needed to have the onboard video card disabled in the BIOS and a
> linux friendly video card inserted in the AGP slot. Can someone
> possibly comment on this issue and/or point me somewhere where I
> could find some more info?

Hope the links noted above are of assistance.