[plug] Internal Modems

John Knight anarchist_tomato at hotmail.com
Thu May 20 12:02:34 WST 2004

> > Is there a configuration or
> > something I need to do first, or are there general drivers or something
> > nead
>
>Yes. You "nead" more. I see a hint in the subject line.
>Google on "winmodem linux".  It might be easier to just buy a real modem.

Some internal modems (the newer they are, the more theytend to be cruddy
winmodems) are the real deal and might work properly. I'm probably way off
here, but I think I remember reading this in the SuSE handbook way back in
7.3 time. Try 'using the modem' on COM 3 under the ppp tools, and if that
doesn't work, try 2 and 4.

I'm sure I'll get heaps of emails saying "that won't work you idiot!", but
it's worth a go. ;)

John