[plug] Cheap Laser for Linux

Trevor Phillips T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au
Thu May 20 16:47:58 WST 2004

On Thursday 20 May 2004 15:49, Craig Ringer wrote:

> Yeah; the 4M is a wonderful printer. *powers on 4MPlus*. They're easy to
> repair and maintain, parts and toner are still around, they're really
> tough, they take STANDARD MEMORY, they're networkable, and most do both
> PostScript and PCL ... I like them a lot.

Makes my investment (*ahem*) sound even better. That's good to hear! I know my
work from years & years ago had a 4Msomething and it was a great printer.

On that issue, where's the best place to get one serviced (and more to the
point, checked over, cleaned up, etc...) This one wasn't in the most pristine
condition. I haven't had time to attack it with chemicals myself yet (and I'm
a bit loathe to do that to the internals without knowing what I'm doing). It
does the job tho...

Actually, I have an extra paper tray thingie that goes on the bottom. Massive
thing that's completely pointless for my uses. Could you or anyone else make
use of it?

: Web Technical Administrator     -          T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :
| IT Services                        -              Murdoch University |