[plug] 3c509 Removal

Michael Collard quadfour at iinet.net.au
Sun May 23 05:43:27 WST 2004

On Sat, 2004-05-22 at 23:33, raven at themaw.net wrote:
> I'm not a Mandrake user but are you sure about this.
>
> Shouldn't he be changing the alias to refer to the correct driver for the
> network port in question?
>
> aka
>
> alias eth0 3c509

> alias eth0 <other driver module>
>
> Shouldn't the Mandrake utils do this automatically?

Mandrake 9.2 is as you stated above but we're talking about Mandrake 10
(2.6 kernel). I believe the way modules are handled are far different,
especially this card (its non PnP) and the way I used to load modules
for the card under slack was /etc/modules.

Come to think of it, there will be a line in /etc/modprobe.conf? for the
module options, IRQ, IO etc... :)

Kind Regards
Michael Collard