[plug] Gnumeric saves the day

Ryan ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Mon May 24 16:27:00 WST 2004

Howdy PLUG,

There are always stories on here about corrupt MS Office documents being
recovered by OpenOffice etc, but I've never experienced it.

Today here, someone's 2005 budget spreadsheet decided it would show up
completely blank.  Wordpad showed all the data appeared to be in the
file, but Excel thought otherwise, while presenting no errors.  It just
looked like an empty 230kb file.

Gnumeric opened it first time, re-saved it, and all was well in the
world. As an added bonus I am no longer to blame for not having backups
of the documents they created less that 3 hours ago on their C drives :)

Ryan