[plug] tcpdump or tethereal parameters

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Tue May 25 18:55:06 WST 2004

Thanks Russell, much appreciated.

JLM

Jon L. Miller, MCNE, CNS, ASE
Director/Sr Systems Consultant
MMT Networks Pty Ltd
http://www.mmtnetworks.com.au

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure
 is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby

>>> r.steicke at bom.gov.au 3:32:15 pm 25/05/2004 >>>
On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 03:47:15PM +0800, Jon  Miller wrote:
> Like to know if there is a way to have either tcpdump or tethereal
> display ports greater than a certain number instead of putting in each
> port separately?

  tethereal -i eth0 -R 'tcp.port > 55000'

It's in the man page.  -R specifies a display filter, rather than a
capture filter, but the visible effect is the same.

--
Russell Steicke

-- Fortune says:
It is up to us to produce better-quality movies.
    -- Lloyd Kaufman, producer of "Stuff Stephanie in the Incinerator"
PLUG discussion list: plug at plug.linux.org.au
Committee e-mail: committee at plug.linux.org.au