[plug] Helpers wanted - Netbooting Installations

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Wed May 26 13:27:10 WST 2004

Bernard Blackham wrote:
> (eg, Debian has most of it's
> network drivers amongst the 4 drivers floppies, which aren't easily
> accessible via netbooting). A solution to this would be good :)

Can probably be arranged.  I was under the impression that the netboot
image contained all of the network driver udebs.  If it doesn't, that
should be able to be changed easily enough - d-i is modular and hackable.
All of the drivers live in FOO-modules udebs (for values of FOO that I
can't remember at the moment), and somewhere in the build process you can
tell it which udebs to unpack on the image that it creates.

Cameron.