[plug] Mandrake 10.0

Ian Sherriffs iansherriffs at ozonline.com.au
Sat May 29 23:23:05 WST 2004

Thanks for the help.   I think I have found the cause of the current
problem.   I installed previously a small 'Quiz' program I had lying around,
and the CD Rom read it OK.  Today I thought perhaps there was a little
curruption in Windows, so formatted the HD and tried to instal from scratch.
Tried with WIN95, WIN98 and Mandrake CDs, but got same message:  "Invalid
System Disc.   Replace the disc, then press any key."      Yes I did set the
Bios boot options to CD ROM or floppy as necessary.   I made the boot floppy
on my other PC so didn't realise there was a problem.
Had trouble with the old 8X CD ROM a few months ago, and local repair place
installed new 52X and said problem was fixed, but I think it may be a
hardware problem not worth fixing.   Will see if I can pick up a used PC a
bit more powerful, and try again.