[plug] Recommended local mail access method

Marc Wiriadisastra marc-w at smlintl.com.au
Mon Nov 1 09:13:09 WST 2004

Shayne O'Neill wrote:

> imaps great.
>
> best thing about it is you can read it at home or work, and even install
> something like squirrelmail, and it'll all be there.
> folders are a charm..

How do you transfer from my emails to my imap server.  I use thunderbird
as well.  I've got a heap of emails and folders do I just copy the
directory to the mail directory or is there an option to import from
squirrelmail which I've just missed.

BTW I have squirrelmail up and running and I use it when I'm away
however the problem is is that 3/4 of my email is stored on my laptop
and the rest is on the server.  Is there a way to sync them because I
like the fact of using thunderbird but I like imap as well.

Also any pointing in the right direction for more reading is more than
welcome :)

TIA

Marc