Munged post. :: [plug] linux in industry

Milan Pospisil pospim at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 09:32:11 WST 2004

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 18:05:27 +0800, john hilton <fiasco_j at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> Then install knoppix onto the HDD if it works live. Or maybe Mepis; has been
> very nice for me, from bootable to install.
>
> john h

Yep, that is one way around it. But that is not my point.What I am
trying to say is that one should exercise caution when using Knoppix
as a probing tool for general Linux compatibility, because the results
you will get that way might be rather optimistic, as Knoppix due to
its nature will thrive in environments where other distroes might
struggle or fail.

        MP