[plug] Recommended local mail access method

Shayne O'Neill shayne at guild.murdoch.edu.au
Mon Nov 1 13:14:02 WST 2004

Ah.. Whats the imap server you are using. I've found certainly a diferent
concept in diferent imap servers as to what/how folders are shown and
stored.

I think its to do with the root folder setting. Have a look in squirrel
and see what its set to there, and try puttign that into the thunderbird
thingee.

For reference, I tried to load a ridiculously huge inbox into outlook
express, and the damn thing tried to map my somewhat sprawling home dir
into folders, generating some 2000 folders (I think the damn thing was
even trying to follow symlinks). Naturally I decided that 'outlook express
considered harmful'. It'll be nice when google desktop on my windoze
machine copes with thunderbird, or even better mboxes and maildirs. but
certainly on winblowz referencing mapi would do the trick fine.

--
"Well, I think if you say you're going to do something and don't do
it, that's trustworthiness."