[plug] Maildir format

Timothy White weirdo at tigris.org
Tue Nov 2 09:05:51 WST 2004

I am a bit confused about the format of a Maildir. I know that because
it is being accessed of IMAP it has extra folders but as to the layout I
am a bit confused.
My understanding of Maildir's was the following format with each mailbox
a directory
Maildir -->

          |--> Inbox
          |--> Sent
          |--> MailingLists -->
                               |--> PLUG
                               |--> OT
                               |--> OO.org
etc...
So that if I wanted to create a sub directory I could just create a new
folder in the parent directory. So that would make PLUG =
Maildir/MailingLists/PLUG.
Instead it is Maildir/.MailingLists.PLUG
This doesn't make sense to me. Especially as when I used Squirrelmail it
displays as MailingLists.PLUG but when I was using mbox It would display
as PLUG as a sub folder of MailingLists.
Am I doing something wrong? Or is it the IMAP that is creating them like
this. If so I should be able to run `maildirmake.dovecot
~/Maildir/.MailingLists/.PLUG` and it should work how I want it?
Thanks
Tim

--
Tim White
PGP/GPG id: 602E944D, Pub Key Serv: subkeys.pgp.net