[plug] GPRS+IrDA Phones & Linux

Mike Holland myk.list at westnet.com.au
Tue Nov 2 23:04:02 WST 2004

Trevor Phillips wrote:
> Does anyone have much experience with getting mobile internet access
> via a Mobile with GPRS + IrDA? ie; Using a PDA or Laptop with IrDA as

I believe it _should_ be OK, provided the phone does AT-modem emulation
on the Ir post. You just need the right AT codes.
   I tried this with '3' and a motorola handset, but no luck. The
so-called manual provided with the phone doesn't mention IrDA.
The Indian support is useless, but i eventually got to an Australian
support company who at least understood my question, but didn't help.
    Getting CSD by IrDA was no problem.  I've been told that bluetooth
->  GPRS might be easier.

Mike