[plug] totem on debian sarge

Harry harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Wed Nov 3 15:49:36 WST 2004

Hello

Has anyone had success running totem on debian sarge ?

It looked to me like installing totem as a player for gstreamer0.8
with the alsa and speex plugins would give me a handy jogger bar
to locate a question/answer on the LCA 2003 CD Papers speex files.

Trying to open the file says a resource is not available and
the app segfaults :-\

I don't have the rest of Gnome installed (it's a Computer Angels devel
box with XFCE and minimum Gtk2 libs) and it compains about missing themes
and icons but the app starts so I may be missing a lib dependency in the
totem or gstreamer0.8-* deb packages.

If it's JustBroken that'll be the help I need :-)

Any graphical alternatives to totem that I could be using ?

cu
Harry

--
Are you a computer angel?	http://www.computerangels.org.au/