[plug] GPRS+IrDA Phones & Linux [unclassified]

Clark Julian Julian.Clark at cdpp.gov.au
Thu Nov 4 08:54:35 WST 2004

You might also have some luck with some of the samsung cdma handsets.

You'll find that they come with a usb cable, and when plugged in, they
detect as a "SAMSUNG CDMA MODEM"
Although the data costs are ridiculous (2.2c/kbyte) the speeds are
faster than dialup (approx 72000 bps)
and the config should be quite easy.
If coverage is an issue, being cdma may be an advantage (except in the
city - CDMA depth of coverage seems pretty ordinary in a few spots)

HTH

Julian