[plug] Anti-wine nastiness?

skribe skribe at amber.com.au
Thu Nov 4 11:17:18 WST 2004

Hey folks:

I managed to get win 98 working again and so installed Quickbooks -
unfortunately I still haven't found a linux equivalent - with the hope of
running it under wine.  After all Crossover Office apparently works with QB
2002 so it should work with 2004, right?  Wrong! Not even close.

It bugs out complaining that a whole stack of libraries aren't found.  Now,
they're there.  But it can't find them because the files it's looking for are
all in uppercase and they're filenames are all mixed-case.  IIRC dos/windows
isn't case sensitive.  *ix is.

Something we're likely to see more of?

skribe
--
Public key information available at:
http://www.amber.com.au/~skribe/publickey.html

I allow the world to live as it chooses, and I allow myself to live as I
choose.

Xaraya Content Management Solutions http://www.xaraya.com/