[plug] Debian Testing. Attempting to resolv dependency problems.

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Thu Nov 4 17:26:43 WST 2004

Hi Tim,

What is your /etc/apt/preferences like? I seem to remember that you
added multiple Debian releases to your sources.list on a particular
machine, and this gave me the impression that your system had a real
mixture of packages from different releases, at which point I decided
it was too hard to guess what was going on. What you might like to do
to investigate the immediate problem is use:

% apt-cache policy php4 php4-cgi php4-ming libming libming-util | less

Have a look to see which releases and versions your computer is
selecting. If you have php4/stable or php4-cgi/stable installed, I
think that should have been sufficient to satisfy the zendapi-20010901
dependency. Maybe your computer has selected a mixture of packages that
is leading to trouble (e.g. previously-installed woody packages mixed
with newly-installed sarge packages).