[plug] Debian Testing. Attempting to resolv dependency problems.

Timothy White weirdo at tigris.org
Thu Nov 4 20:21:43 WST 2004

James Devenish wrote:

>Hi Tim,
>
>What is your /etc/apt/preferences like?

I don't have a /etc/apt/preferences. I do have a /etc/apt/apt.conf which
I believe does the same thing.
$ cat /etc/apt/apt.conf
APT::Default-Release "testing";
APT::Cache-Limit 10000000;
Apt::Get::Purge;

>I seem to remember that you
>added multiple Debian releases to your sources.list on a particular
>machine, and this gave me the impression that your system had a real
>mixture of packages from different releases, at which point I decided
>it was too hard to guess what was going on. What you might like to do
>to investigate the immediate problem is use:
>
>% apt-cache policy php4 php4-cgi php4-ming libming libming-util | less

It appears that I have php4=4:4.3.9-1 which is in testing and unstable.
Same maybe? No php4-cgi or -ming, libming*=0.2a.cvs20020110-1.
It appears to me that zendapi* just isn't in my sources some where.
Tim

--
Tim White
PGP/GPG id: 602E944D, Pub Key Serv: subkeys.pgp.net