[plug] Domains blocking mail from dialup pools

Timothy White weirdo at tigris.org
Fri Nov 5 09:33:31 WST 2004

Shayne O'Neill wrote:

>track down the anti-dialup pool  listings and beg plead and bribe for them
>to take it off the list.
>
>frankly, I dont fancy your chances.

Nether do I. Their reason is that lots of spammers and viruses send
straight from their own SMTP server so by blocking the dialup pools they
reduce the chances of problems. Maybe I will just have to set up a
tunnel, any one known how I can set up a tunnel using SSH so that the
connection appears to come from the computer I tunnel into. I don't
which computer I will use yet but it may have it's own SMTP server so I
think I would have to tunnel to an unused port. e.g.
My Computer:25 --> Static computer:5678 which is connected to mail.com:25
Would that work?

>also:: blacklisting is a piece of shit. it needs to be said. its a
>ridiculous method that rarely works but cuts a heck of alot of good email
>out of the loop.

Although maintaining a list of spammers IPs can be good IF it can be
proved that only SPAM originates from the IP and they don't block whole
subnets or domains or connections on dynamic IPs.
Tim
--

Tim White
PGP/GPG id: 602E944D, Pub Key Serv: subkeys.pgp.net