Manual Exim Transport (Was Re: [plug] Domains blocking mail from dialup pools)

Timothy White weirdo at tigris.org
Sat Nov 6 08:16:10 WST 2004

Craig Ringer wrote:

>On Fri, 2004-11-05 at 00:40, Shayne O'Neill wrote:
>

>>track down the anti-dialup pool  listings and beg plead and bribe for them
>>to take it off the list.
>>
>>frankly, I dont fancy your chances.
>>

>Agreed. I don't know if exim can do it. I think postfix can do it via
>the transport map, but that's manual on a host-by-host basis. You could
>just set the transport for mail.com to smtp:mail.yourisp.com , for
>example.

I think I have it working for those that wish to know. I have the
smarthost section at the TOP of the router section (else the mail is
delivered like normal) and I match on the domains I wish to send through
a smart host. I somehow set DCsmarthost using debconf but I'm not sure
where deb conf stores this so I can only change it by stuffing around,
as I used to use a smarthost it was already set (if you know where it is
set please tell me)
Hope someone else finds this useful.
Tim
---
smarthost:
      debug_print = "R: smarthost for $local_part@$domain"
      driver = manualroute
      domains = mail.com
      transport = remote_smtp_smarthost
      route_list = * DCsmarthost byname
      host_find_failed = defer
      same_domain_copy_routing = yes

--
Tim White
PGP/GPG id: 602E944D, Pub Key Serv: subkeys.pgp.net