[plug] MDK 10.1Comm. USB/Mouse Woes..

Muskie Teh Otterboi muskieratboi at yahoo.com.au
Sun Nov 7 01:17:48 WST 2004

Hey all. I'm currently Running Mandrake 10.1 Community in a Dual-boot
situation with Windows.
Basically, my problem is that MDK simply refuses to acknowledge my MS
USB Wheel Mouse Optical (ye olde OEM Optical Wheel Mouse. 20 bucks and
it's the best damn optical you can get without shelling out 300 bucks
for a wireless dealie, but I digress) in my system. I highly Suspect
that Mandrake is having Serious problems with it's USB support, so I'm
going to be reinstalling MDK and then Upgrading to 10.1 Official. I was
planing on doing this anyway, but I'm just wondering why the heck
Mandrake's having Problems with my Mobo.. it's an Nforce2 chipset, BTW.

Strangely, Knoppix 3.6 (Thankyou, Atomic Mag!) Makes my mouse work
perfectly, But produces yet another flaw: X Autodetects my Monitor V/H
Rates wrong and when it initialises, the Screen is B0rked.

You know, for some strange reason, i've had But ONE single problem with
linux, whatever distribution it decided to be (Debian wouldn't start X,
Mandrake Doesen't Like my mouse (not to mention the control center
crasheds, but I think that';s a related problem) and Knoppix Detects my
Refresh rates incorrectly.. Feh. :P

Muskie