[plug] [OT] Looking for broadband

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Sun Nov 7 15:49:49 WST 2004

On Sun, 2004-11-07 at 10:01, Timothy White wrote:
> I am looking at getting broadband/ADSL. As the gateway is going to be
> Linux it will need to be Linux friendly (Modem, protocol...)
> If anybody can recommend an ISP and Plan that matches the following
> criteria then please tell me.

http://linuxit.com.au/html/adsl.html

IIRC WestNet (who LinuxIT are agents of) do block ports by default but
it's easy to turn off. I strongly recommend them - I've been using them
for years and find they have consistently improved most aspects of their
service (which were already pretty good) over that time.

The only two things I think have gone downhill is their support (I've
started to get the dreaded "we don't support that" in nonsensical
situations) and website (which was mega-uglified and made harder to
navigate some time ago). Hardly disastrous, really, especially since
their support is still generally rather good.

--
Craig Ringer