[plug] VNC Shell Script

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Sun Nov 7 19:51:30 WST 2004

In message <20041107114159.GP21780 at patrick.wattle.id.au>
on Sun, Nov 07, 2004 at 07:41:59PM +0800, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> The version of x0rfbserver that I have doesn't like that at all.
> Perhaps you're mixing up the behaviour of Xvnc (and other servers
> derived from the original AT&T code) with x0rfbserver?

Probably. Having never heard of x0rfbserver before, but working from
Brock's descriptions, it sounds like it is starting its own X display
rather than "hijacking" the user's console. This is a normal mode of VNC
operation, although it is not necessarily what people wanted to achieve
and not necessarily what x0rfbserver is intended to facilitate. You can
ask Brock to be more vague in his descriptions, too, if you like.