[plug] SME PC hardware linux supplier?

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Tue Nov 9 22:35:57 WST 2004

Chris Caston wrote:

> I could imagine with a cheap intel laptop your going to have issues.

My Asus laptop (cheap compared to a comparable IBM or Toshiba) has
been good so far.  Admittedly I've only had it for a few months...

One of the important things to look for on a laptop is a long
warranty.  My experience of other people owning laptops is that they
always break, and if you intend to keep one for a while, it's good to
know that if something goes sproing then they'll be willing to fix
it.

Most IBM laptops come with a 3 year warranty.  Apples come with a 1
year warranty (and charge a substantial premium for the 3-year "Apple
Care" extended warranty).

Cameron.