[plug] SME PC hardware linux supplier?

Alex Nordstrom alexander.nordstrom at tpg.com.au
Wed Nov 10 17:34:06 WST 2004

On Wednesday, 10 Nov 2004 12:36, Harry wrote:
> Microsoft codes on the basis of faster hardware making the bloat
> irrelevant. Hardware vendors rely on the bloat to supply more
> hardware. Microsoft are happy to find new apps to eat cycles since it
> helps the vendoers. And around ..

But we have KDE to keep the vendors happy. If that's not enough, throw
in Superkaramba or something along those lines and use an Open GL
screen saver as a desktop background. ;)

As an aside, I just noticed that the store in Sweden where I bought my
Asus laptop (with MS Windows bolted on) two years ago is now carrying
barebone laptops--you choose processor, RAM and hard drive--MS Windows
and assembly optional. That's certainly something I haven't seen
before, and something I hope will spread.

--
Alex Nordstrom
http://lx.n3.net/