Wasted clock cycles (was: Re: [plug] SME PC hardware linux supplier?)

Harry harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Thu Nov 11 12:01:54 WST 2004

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 11:25:54 +0800 Cameron Patrick <cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au> wrote:

> Harry wrote:
>
> > But as Cameron said, his laptop runs 6 hours on X OS and ~4 under Linux so
> > it's an opportunity to make OSS even better.
>
> I don't think so.  Since my laptop is Intel-based, it doesn't run very
> well at all under OS X :-)  It does get ~4 hours under Linux though.

Doh! That's right. The "lets niggle scribe cos we're all closet Mac users"
thread got so long I lost who it was talked about battery life on their dual
boot Mac.

It was Michael Hunt who said of his iBook:
"
* Battery life. 6 hours under OS X. (I am trying to get it tweaked under
Linux at the moment to get longer but usually get ~4hrs).
"

Harry *who should have been paying more attention*

--
Are you a computer angel?	http://www.computerangels.org.au/