[plug] IMAP Joys & MUTT

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Fri Nov 12 17:55:57 WST 2004

Timothy White <weirdo at tigris.org> writes:

>1) How can I make it 'select' which IMAP folder to use without having to
>reconnect to the server each time (by pressing c and typing imap://...)
>and with out changing it to use IMAP by default (as for now I still need
>to read local mail occasionally on that box)

Add some lines to .muttrc

e.g.
	set folder="imap://imapserver/"
	set spoolfile="imap://imapserver/INBOX"
	# if using certificates and certification. omit if plain text
	set certificate_file=~/.mutt/certificates
	set ssl_usesystemcerts=yes
	set imap_authenticators="cram-md5:login"

>2) How can I make it show just threads that have been tagged or have
>unread mail in them. Under Thunderbird All PLUG goes into 1 box and I

The "limit" l command provides for some filtering.

Use "T" to tag items with pattern "[plug]" and then use the
tagged-save ";s" to move them to a folder on the IMAP server.

Sort by status to see the unread messages "first".