[plug] [OT] Changing refresh rate to something higher than 85Hz??

Craig Foster fostware at westnet.com.au
Sun Nov 14 14:04:43 WST 2004

<snip>

> It pisses me off that something can be so easilly
> accomplished using windows but despite a couple of tools
> built into FC2 I can't get my refresh rate up where I'm
> comfortable using my monitor!
<snip>

I'm not nitpicking, it's a question I've always wondered...

Is there that much of a difference above 85Hz, besides video work?
Sure there's a helluva difference lower than that, but I've never noticed
any difference above.
I've also heard that the reason new monitors die faster is, combined with
the cheaper components going into monitor, the overly high refresh rates
(which no-one but publishing and video editing bothered with) but are now
standard, are stressing the components too much.

> Cheers,
>
> Ari

CraigF.