[plug] Mailbucket.org

Timothy White weirdo at tigris.org
Sun Nov 14 09:54:25 WST 2004

Mike Holland wrote:
> Timothy White wrote:
>
>> Has anyone thought about subscribing plug to mailbucket.org?
>> If not, Reasons against and for please.
>

> Against: I've no idea WTF it is. How about a synopsis?
> Even if everybody on the list loads that URL on the off chance that it
> might be interesting, its just a dummy page.
>
> Oh, WTF:  need http://www.mailbucket.org
Sorry. I should have added the synopsis and full url. I usually do when
I post a link, must have been late at night.

> MailBucket is an experiment in alternative methods of email management.
> For now its only feature is a public email-to-RSS gateway: forward your
> email to slurp at mailbucket.org and have your news reader pick it up at
> mailbucket.org/slurp.xml (where you choose slurp, having checked that
> it's not already in use).
>
> Interesting idea. But it is open. No authentication.  spambots?
Maybe. I read more about it and it only holds the last 10 posts so maybe
it wouldn't work for the main plug list. But what about an announce
list?  For events or other plug announcements. That way instead of just
posting it to the list it can be posted to a mailbucket and that way
people wouldn't have to be subscribed to the list to get event
reminders. (Or we could just get a RSS feed on the plug site)
As for spambots, we could filter all mail going there to remove address.
Tim
--
Tim White - Use the Fox, Luke!
PGP/GPG id: 602E944D, Pub Key Serv: subkeys.pgp.net