[plug] Restore

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Mon Nov 15 11:13:21 WST 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-15 at 10:36, Marc wrote:

> Fedora Core 3 and its webmin.  The script itself.  The kernel is 2.6.9.
>
> Sorry I forgot to say it. My apologies for that.

I'm afraid that doesn't tell me much. What tool does the script use for
making the backups? Does it just copy the files somewhere? Does it use
tar? cpio? pax? Are you using a webmin module for an add-in backup
system? What webmin module _are_ you using?

> >> Is it that you created multiple backup files then create one big iso?
> >
> > What good does a >2gig ISO do you? Are you writing to a DVD or
> > something?

> Yes I am writing to DVD so yeah bigger than a 2 gig.

Well, then - the easy way is to make sure you use a filesystem with
large file support. As you're on FC3, you should have no problems.

If you do have to work on a system without large file support at any
stage, your best option will probably be to pipe the mkisofs output to
your CD/DVD burning program so it never /needs/ to be written to disk.

--
Craig Ringer