[plug] POSTFIX experts

Joong Cho joongcho at westnet.com.au
Thu Nov 18 22:00:22 WST 2004

Hello,

I have installed postfix on my linux box. The only problem I have is that I
can't download any email's using my Outlook Express Email program. I can
successfully send emails to myself on the linux box, but not to the outside
world yet.

What do I need to do to change or make this work?

The following is my postfix's main.cf file:

mydomain = joongcho.com
my hostname = joongcho.com
alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, localhost $mydomain
relayhost = [pop.$mydomain]
mynetworks = 127.0.0.0./8 202.72.186.114/24
mailbox_command
mailbox_size_limit
recipient_delimiters = +

I have also port forwarded on my modem's management page.

Could my problem be the same as accessing my website using domain names on
my networked machine?

Also, with mysql, I can login to my individual user name, but I can't login
as my root. It returns the error message: ERROR 1045: Access Denied for user
'root at localhost' (Using password: NO). I've gone through the mysql
documentation dozens of times, but I'm stuck.

Thanks.

Joong Cho
Joong Cho Enterprises
President

Web Site Administrator and Web Site Designer
http://www.joongcho.com/
http://www.startreklibrary.com/