[plug] POSTFIX experts

Quintin Lette qlette at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 22:20:59 WST 2004

Hi,

Postfix is an SMTP server (acting as a MTA and sending mail between
mail servers, its job is to deliver the message to your mailbox on the
server, not the client) you will need either an IMAP or a POP3 server
to download mail to Outlook Express or any other mail client. This
problem has nothing to do with your port forwarding but my
recommendation below does.

Also I think you might want to look at the my networks line of your
config (nothing to do with the issue you brought up, but it is
allowing anyone on that public subnet to relay mail through you, I
think you should probably use the NAT'ed ip subnet, and exclude the ip
of the router)

Good luck.

Cheers

Quintin